La Roja’s Calle Ocho 2012 Adventures, plus Jencarlos In Persona!!
What a way to spend a domingo, I attended Calle Ocho 2012!! This was my first experience with the infamous fiesta latina in the heart of the 305 and I was not disappointed! In addition to endless food, drinks, street vendors and plenty of people watching, I was able catch several amazing artist like El Cata and Tony Dize and to top off my busy day, I met el Rey himself, Jencarlos Canela!
There was so much packed into this one afternoon, I could go on and on…and on, but I won’t. So, here are my highlights from Calle Ocho 2012!
- La gente esta muy loca….the stars of the day were the PEOPLE. I was not prepared for the amount of interesting people I saw walking around in everything from crazy costumes to tiny bikinis.
- At the Planet Pit stage, I got to see some great artists PLUS I snagged some really awesome t-shirts for me and La Rubia. Tony Dize got the crowd going and local band Suenalo really brought it home! Sadly, due to scheduling conflicts…I had to miss Sensato 🙁
- La comida….so many food vendors with yummy smelling cuisine from all over the world. Arepas? Roasted corn? Empanadas? Taco? Your stomach has met its match!
- Ending the day at the Univision stage was a great idea as the Rey of Carnaval Jencarlos Canela closed the day with a high energy performance! Just when you thought it was over, surprise guest El Cata appeared out of nowhere and kept the party going!
- Que guapo…Jencarlos Canela is just as handsome in person as he appears on TV. He was so dulce when we spoke and he told me that he loved the name of our blog!
Thanks to our amigos from HispanosEnMiami.com who let us tag along for the day. They scored an exclusive interview with Jencarlos which is posted below. Also, don’t miss their album on Facebook filled with more interesting characters from the day!