Calle Ocho Festival 2013: Must See List
It’s that time of year, mi gente! It’s officially Calle Ocho Festival season in Miami and Las Gringas couldn’t be more excited! The 2013 Calle Ocbo Fest is taking place on Sunday, March 10th from 11AM to 7PM and this year is packed with big name artists combined with fantastic local talento….which somehow all fits into one day of fun!
To help you make sense of all the madness that will be happening on that domingo, I’ve pulled together my recommendations for the must-see performances for the day!
- Mr 305 Stage (12th Ave North): Pues, obvio no?! I’ll probably be camped out at this stage all day, so I can catch some of my fave artists on Pit’s label including: Sensato, DJ Chino, Fito Blanko, Madai, Maffio, Motiff, Vein, and Papayo.
- El Zol Stage (12th Ave South): Variety of artists I love including Gretchen, Leslie Grace, 2NYCe, Joey Montana, El Cata and Sensato (again!).
- La Mega Stage (19th Ave North): Get your tropical groove on aqui w/ Elvis Crespo, Angel y Khriz, Plan B, Grupo Treo, Alexis y Fido, and El Juancho
- Telemundo 51 Stage (Pep Boys Lot): Our favorite salsera in Miami with be performing!! Don’t miss Melina Almodovar…la muñeca de la salsa!
- Coca Cola Stage (22 Ave North): One of our fave DJs, Juan Magan, plus cooking demos by Celebrity Chef Ingrid Hoffman.
Bonus tip!!! At 3 PM, make sure you are at 8th & 16th Avenue because 500 liters of SANGRIA will be served to the first 500 to break the record for the World’s Largest Sangria!
So, how’s that? Espero que te ayude un poquito…hope it helps a bit as you are navigating the craziness that is Calle Ocho! Nos vemos alla!