Gringa Favorites: Daddy Yankee Top 5 Music Videos
In honor of the Big Boss’ 36th birthday on February 3rd, 2013…we are celebrating with our top 5 favorite music videos! Daddy Yankee was my very first exposure to reggaeton, so he holds a very dear place in my heart. Over the years, I’ve watched his music evolve and grow….his popularity rise, fall, and rise again but he has always been one of my favorite artists around!
While, I’m no expert at reggaeton- these are my top 5 Daddy Yankee music videos….do you agree/disagree? Let us know AND be sure to share this post to spread the Daddy Yankee Birthday love!
- “Ven Conmigo” – I love watching the mixture of genres and seeing Prince Royce cross over into the reggaeton world with this hit is just fantastic. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEInlYjVFzk[/youtube]
- “Lo que paso, paso” – This is what a Daddy Yankee video looked like when he had about $100 budget- I think they are stilt walkers in the background? Who needs the explosions and fancy cards, this video is the way reggaeton should be: dudes hanging with their amigos at a party and dancing up on a sexy chica in a little dress.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MZNiksF1JA[/youtube]
- “Pose” – This song and video just makes me want to get all dressed up for the club and strike a pose….DY’s hair also makes me giggle. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn28nlMOYfg[/youtube]
- “Gasolina” – No surprise here…this is THE Daddy Yankee song and this video is classic reggaeton goodness! [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGKrc3A6HHM[/youtube]
- “Limbo” – Now this is the “new school” DY, which brings in a more tropical, samba vibe….and the video is fantastic, filmed in Mexico- it is very visually pleasing and artistic, which is rare in the reggaeton world of fancy cars and naked girls. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BTjG-dhf5s[/youtube]