Jennifer Lopez 2013 Golden Globes: Get the Look
So, JLO can pretty much do no wrong in the eyes of Las Gringas and tonight was no exception. Jennifer Lopez looked stunning tonight on the red carpet of the 2013 Golden Globes in a seriously sexy sheer Zuhair Murad white gown…paired with stunning makeup and and long flowing locks. It was so sexy…and exactly the right amount of JLO that we love so much.
Not that most of us chicas can attain the perfection that is Jennifer Lopez…but we can do our best to steal her look from the alfombra roja!
Get the Look: Jennifer Lopez’s Golden Globe Makeup
INSPIRATION: For Jennifer’s makeup, make up artist Mary Phillips was inspired by Jennifer’s natural glowy skin to create a classic understated look with nude lips and a smoky eye. Jennifer wore a daring nude lace dress by Zuhair Murad that accentuated her curves and complemented her olive skin tone.
- Mary prepped Jennifer’s skin with L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Miracle Blur ($24.99) creating a virtually flawless complexion
- Since Jennifer’s dress was white and nude, Mary warmed up Jennifer’s skin using L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup in Caramel Beige ($10.95)
- To create the classic Jennifer Lopez glow, Mary used L’Oréal Paris Super-Blendable True Match Crayon Concealer in Fair/Light Warm ($8.95) to brighten up the under-eye area and illuminate the cheek bones
- Mary used a small amount of L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift Color Lift Blush in Nude Lift ($12.95) on Jennifer’s cheeks to add a hint of color and sheen
- As a focus for the look, Mary used several colors of the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quads ($7.95) including Cupa Joe as a base and Black Pump around the outer corners
- Towards the lashline, Mary added L’Oréal Paris Infallible Eye Shadow in Eternal Black ($7.95) to create depth and sculpt the eyes around the crease
- To further define the eyes, Mary used the L’Oréal Paris Super Slim Liner by Infallible ($8.95) on the top lids
- To finish off the seductive smoky eye, Mary used the L’Oréal Paris Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara ($9.95) on both the top and bottom lashes
- Mary kept the lips very warm and neutral with a nude lip using L’Oréal Paris Colour Caresse Shine Stain in Eternally Nude ($9.99)
Get the Look: Jennifer Lopez’s Golden Globe Hair
INSPIRATION: Going into the night, hairstylist Lorenzo Martin was inspired by old Hollywood look to create a look that would complement Jennifer’s captivating Zuhair Murad gown. Lorenzo turned to a deep side part to modernize the old Hollywood look of the romantic waves.
- Lorenzo prepped Jennifer’s hair with the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Triple Resist Shampooand Conditioner($4.99 each). Then while hair was wet, Lorenzo used the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Triple Resist Ultimate Strength Solution($6.99) to reinforce the hair prior to styling
- Lorenzo applied a quarter size amount of L’Oréal Paris EverCurl Sculpt & Hold Cream-Gel ($8.99) to condition the hair and prep it for being curled
- Curled using a 1 inch curling iron and then gently sprayed L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Texture Series Beach Spray($6.99) to each section helping to hold the curl and add texture
- For each curl created, Lorenzo pinned the curl to the scalp using a bobby pin. When all curls were created, Lorenzo sprayed L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Strong Hold($14.99) approximately six inches from the scalp. Curls set for 15 minutes, then released
- Once curled are released, Lorenzo took a medium round brush and brushed out the curls to create volume
- Creating a deep side part, Lorenzo parted the hair to the side and used bobby pins to hold hair in place
- To finish the look, Lorenzo sprayed the L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Strong Hold Styling Spray ($6.99) to add shine and set the curls