Last Minute Holiday Shopping Tips & Giveaway
Disclaimer: This post is part of a sponsored campaign with Sears, however, all opinions are my own.
There are only a few days left to shop for gifts this holiday season, and if you’re like millions of other Americans, panic mode might be starting to set in! We all have been there…maybe you have been too busy with work and that the thought of holiday shopping slipped your mind. Or maybe, you got caught up in watching Elf and drinking hot cocoa that you didn’t take the time to finish your shopping? Whatever the case may be, weeks have passed, Christmas is almost here and perhaps shipping deadlines have passed and there is nothing you can do about it now. Or is there?
That’s why I’m here to help, and together with our friends at Sears we are going to share tips on getting that last minute holiday shopping done! The good news is that last-minute shopping is a perfect time to find terrific deals on great gifts – and easy ways to get them fast (even same-day) without paying rush fees.
So through these tips, we hope to help you find some gifts for everyone on your holiday list and still have some time to spare (so you can get back to that hot cocoa!) Unlike some retailers, shipping deadlines don’t matter as Sears not only has great last-minute shopping deals available in-store but you can use Sears’ convenient services that make holiday shopping fast and easy – the perfect insider holiday tip!
Last Minute Holiday Shopping Tips
- Make that list and check it twice! Half of the time that I’m stuck with last minute shopping is because I make a mistake on what I’ve ALREADY purchased or someone I thought I already had a gift for. So this past week, I sat down, checked all the “recently purchased” pages on the online retailers I use and also go through all of my bags of previously purchased gifts – so I can make a final, master list that will help make sure I don’t make any rookie mistakes!
- Let Sears’ services give you a hand! Sears makes it easy to complete your last-minute holiday shopping with time to spare, with convenient and easy-to-use tools and services, including the In-Vehicle Pickup, Return and Exchange. The service, available on the Sears app, lets members pick up, return or exchange their online purchases for free – guaranteed in five minutes or less – without ever leaving their vehicle. You can head over to Sears.com/gifts for tons of gift ideas!
- Have some “back-up” gifts prepared! No one is perfect, so just give yourself a break now and purchase some gifts that you can have on hand, IF/WHEN you realize you forgot to purchase something for someone on your list. These items can be things like: candles, a nice throw blanket, coffee sets, etc.
- Divide and conquer! Don’t be afraid to tell your friends and family if you need some help with your list. Maybe you have a friend who is already going to Sears and can pick up a gift for you or perhaps your sister is already making an overnight web purchase and you can add something to her shopping cart and then you can split the shipping! Sometimes it take a village, so don’t be shy!
- Consider homemade or even “experience” gifts! For certain people on your list, sometimes a homemade gift could actually be even more special! Do you have a family recipe which emotional significance? Share that story and make the dish for your extended family, so they feel included in the love. The holidays are all about finding something special for your loved-ones, even if its not a gift from a store!
I will say that for my last-minute shopping needs, I have called on Sear’s In-Vehicle Pickup more than once this season! Most recently, I remembered that my Aunt was joining our family get-together for the first time in a few years (meaning I totally forgot to include her in my list!). I was so relieved to find the warm and fuzzy robe set that I know she will love!
Their curated list of “Elf Tested. Santa Approved” gifts has been such help as I’ve been prepping my gift-giving lists, so make sure you take some time to visit Sears.com/gifts and get some inspiration! Once you find that perfect, last-minute gift, Sears is here to help even MORE by offering a $100 Sears Gift Card to one of our readers!
$100 Sears Gift Card Giveaway
All you need to do is submit a valid entry in the giveaway widget below and you will be entered to win!
Giveaway will end on 12/23, and winner will be chosen at random from valid entries. Good luck!!